Thursday, May 24, 2007

Traveling alone

There's benefits to each mode of traveling. I enjoy traveling by myself, and if for a long vacation, perhaps if possible interspersing that with traveling with others, whether these others be people you meet on the road or friends/family from home. When traveling abroad, I also like to if possible, travel with locals, to have them show me around. They generally know the language, the good deals, the quickest routes, and I get to see a slice of life for the average person as opposed to the usual tourist stops, which I like. Traveling alone is great because you can do what you want when you want. You can be as cheap or extravagant as you want, see the sights that you want, go at your own pace, and are more likely to meet other people. The drawbacks are of course the fact that there's just some times where you have a great experience and you really wish you had someone there to share it with, someone who you could look back with years from know and say "remember when we.......". I think at the moment, the benefits of solo travel outweight the cons, for me at least. This does not signify that I love the solitude. Simply I have described the positive characteristic a journey in solitude. Though this summer I shall go to the sea or other place with friends.

No comments: